Sunday 14 April 2019

With friends like these...

Don't you love it when your friends just "get" you?

I am lucky enough to have a couple of friends who run a haberdashers. Sometimes when the reps come round with the new season's lines they leave a catalog. The latest one contained these scrumptious prints from Sevenberry. My two lovely friends saved these sample pieces for me because they just knew how much it would float my boat to have them.

Aren't they fab.

The gals and the fabrics. Unfortunately I've only been able to track down one UK supplier who had the maths print in the cream. I may have to look further afield, or better still create something myself and save the carbon air-miles.

I really like the maths print on the darker backgrounds. Reminds me of the "old days" when schools had black boards rather than computerised white boards. Of course, in those days teachers were known to throw the board rubber across the room. I suspect classrooms are a little safer now as teachers are much less likely to throw a laptop.

The chemistry fabric has an interesting array of compounds. The easiest to identify is serotonin (C10H12N2O) the one below the Ga (Gallium) symbol. I haven't worked out the rest yet. I did do an internet search for the carbon-nitrogen ringed compound (in the middle of the N, S and Nh) because it looked interesting and I had no idea what it was, but the only thing I came up with was some high-energy compound stuff that was a tad too advanced for my sketchy recall of A-level chemistry. Hopefully I haven't been googling something I shouldn't...

Of course, now there is the excitement of working out what to make with these little treasures. Should they be patched together into a larger piece of fabric, or should each one have a starring role as a motif on a plain background? Hmm. Maybe they could be random patches on something plain. Ooh! The options. Whatever these precious pieces of fabric turn into, I just know they're going to be fab. Almost as fab as my lovely friends, who saw these prints and thought of me and the things that interest me. It's great to have people around who just get you. Seek out your tribe and find the people who can share your interests; the people who make you feel like "you" and not like you should be something, or someone different.

So, if you have already found your tribe, what print would your friends choose for you? Leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment