Sunday 16 May 2021

Tablet weaving

As regular readers will know, I've got krokbragd on my mind at the moment. But I've just received a copy of "Tablet-Woven Treasures - Archaeological Bands from the Finnish Iron Age" by Karisto Maikki and Pasanen Mervi.

It is the long awaited (at least by me) follow up to "Applesies and Fox Noses: Finnish Tabletwoven Bands" which is probably my favourite tablet weaving book.

A quick flick through "Treasures" suggests there are some wonderful patterns which I can't wait to try, but I am trying to focus on one project at a time and with two krokbragd weaves on the go, I really shouldn't be warping up new projects. I wonder how long it will be before I give in and get out the weaving tablets...

So that's all for today folks as I'm going to spend a little "me" time with a cup of tea and a biscuit (or two) reading my new book and trying not to think about which inkle loom to warp up.

What are your go to crafting books? Why not share a recommendation in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment